Today was Kyle's first day of preschool. Kyle will go on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. Monday and Wednesday will be longer days for him since he will be staying for the after school program until 3:30.
On the way to school, we talked about the the right way to act at school like being nice to friends, sharing, no yelling, no hitting, no screaming...he was repeating me when I was saying these things. I thought we were off to a great start!
He was so excited! I didn't realize how much he liked his backpack until we got into the room. He threw a little fit when the teacher asked him to put his backpack on the hook. Great way to start off! I got him to calm down, and then I left.
I was a nervous wreck all day, but when Everett picked him up, they said he had a good day! They had a little bit of difficulty getting him off the playground, but it was not the tantrum I thought they might encounter. I packed 2 pairs of underwear for him, because I wasn't sure if he would go potty if he was having so much fun, but he used the potty by himself all day long! Yea!
Here's some video of the big boy walking in his new school!
1 comment:
our babies are growing up! remind me again where they have an after school type program til 3:30 for their ages...that could come in handy. i hope your new schedule is working out well this fall!
Post a Comment